Sunday, August 28, 2011

What I did in Blackmoor this summer


Nah, I did not participate in any pagan summer solistice rituals, but I have taken the last month off from postig here, feeling that I deserved a break to recharge the batteries and spend some time on real life things. I did to some pretty exciting things in gaming this summer however, that I will be sharing with you in the coming posts. Some highlights include:

  • Going to Scandinavia's largest gaming convention, RopeCon in Finland.
  • Meeting some of my heroes in game design including Frank Mentzer, Erik Mona, James Raggi and others.
  • Meeting several friends from the Piazza, the Comeback Inn and Dragonsfoot in real life for the first time. And finding out that they are very cool people in real life as well as online!
  • Playing an amazing Blackmoor adventure face to face with Rafael and Saunattonttu. 
  • Picking up some very cool RPG items, including Lamentations of the Flame Princess (at last!), Dark Chataeu and many others. 
  • Finally getting my hands on Adventures in Fantasy and some other rare Dave Arneson items. 
  • And much more... 
I will leave you with just that teaser for now, but expect more detailed reports to be coming up on many of these items.

-Havard

2 comments:

  1. Oh my GOSH! Those women are naked and nude with no clothes on!!!

    Sounds like you have fun this summer. I can't say that mine has been anywhere as interesting. Played only little Moldvay/Cook. My previous unemployment had severely curtailed travel and my new Sunday-to-Thrusday 5pm-to-2 am work schedule makes scheduling games very difficult. I'm going to run games of EPT and Space 1889/SW at RockCon this November.

    How long is it to GaryCon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jagatai: Good to see the pagans getting some love.

    School Master: GaryCon was in March wasn't it? Glad to see an EPT fan here :)

    -Havard

    ReplyDelete

Blackmoor Like Map Used for Runehammer's Crown & Skull RPG?

  Crown & Skull is a new TTRPG created by  Brandish Gilhelm, Hankerin Ferninale and Ingrid Burnall and published by Runehammer Games. T...