Monday, January 9, 2012

D&D 5E Announced


Although speculations have been going on for a good while, its nice to have it confirmed:

NY Times.

Confirmed over at Wizards.com.

Announcing a new edition so early is usually a bad idea as 4E product sales will most likely go downhill from here . Is this evidence that it is impossible to keep a secret in this age of the Internet? The recent Escapist articles gave us some insight about how those inside the industry view the future of the hobby. This was also supplemented by Ryan Dancey's commentary. How will these thoughts shape a new edition?

Is Monte Cook's involvement a sign that 4E stepped too far from the roots and that 5E will be an attempt to bring the game back?


-Havard

Found this image here. 

3 comments:

  1. I dont know, before I make my mind up completely I would like to see what the public beta is like. I have invested heavily into Pathfinder so, it is going to have to really blow me away! I got similar post over at my blog if you interested http://greyhawkadventures576cy.blogspot.com/2012/01/surprise-surprise.html

    Blog is looking great by the way Havard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay. And now D&D bloggers will have something to talk about for the next two years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm interested in what may be coming and hope this is what has come from the recent articles from Mike Mearls. If '5E' is close to what he has talked about I'll be excited to see what is coming.

    ReplyDelete

Blackmoor Like Map Used for Runehammer's Crown & Skull RPG?

  Crown & Skull is a new TTRPG created by  Brandish Gilhelm, Hankerin Ferninale and Ingrid Burnall and published by Runehammer Games. T...