Sunday, May 6, 2012

Busy Week for Arneson Fans


So much has happened over the course of this week I dont really know where to start. First there is the relevation that Arneson's personal library is to be sold on an auction. I am filled with a mix of joy that this material will be taken care of and a feeling of concern if these documents are to be locked into some vault, never to be seen again.

Then there is Aldarron's excellent analysis of another obscure Arneson document; the manuscript for  Beyond This Point Be Dragons. That Arneson had prepared a kind of alternate D&D that noone really knew about is pretty amazing. Aldarron has provided a great analysis of the work, but I am also wondering about the things not mentioned in that analysis. Could there be more lore about Blackmoor there?

Also from Aldarron, the Champions of ZED project is up on kickstarter with over 50 backers already. This "Zero edition" game will also incorporates elements from Beyond this Point Be Dragons. At the same time, poster RadagastTheBrown is working on another project for a system based on Arneson inspired combat.

On a less Blackmoor related note, Bruce Heard recently posted his long awaited treatsy on the Goatmen of Kavaja for the Mystara setting.

With all of this happening, I am so busy reading that I hardly have time to write! I promise you though, there will be more thoughts on all of these topics in the days to come!




Image source: http://www.thecollectorstrove.com/site-news/2012/4/29/the-big-announcement.html


-Havard



4 comments:

  1. Is that an actual photo of Dave Arneson's personal stash?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. This is where I got it from: http://www.thecollectorstrove.com/site-news/2012/4/29/the-big-announcement.html

    I will update the post to include the source for the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are a few times I've wanted to be a millionaire. This is probably one of the most imperative. Man I wish I could buy all that!

    ReplyDelete

Blackmoor Like Map Used for Runehammer's Crown & Skull RPG?

  Crown & Skull is a new TTRPG created by  Brandish Gilhelm, Hankerin Ferninale and Ingrid Burnall and published by Runehammer Games. T...