Friday, March 15, 2024

Blackmoor Player Bill Hoyt Shares Campaign Notes in Free PDF

 

Bill Hoyt is one of the surviving members of the Blackmoor Bunch, the group that played in Dave's Blackmoor campaign and parttook in other gaming activities in the St. Pauk/Twin Cities area of Minnesota in the 60s and 70s. Bill is someone who has shared a lot of information with me to help with my research for this blog. 


I am pleased to learn that Bill Hoyt now, with the help of Rob Ritchie, has compiled the notes from his own D&D campaign and has made them available in a Free PDF! I have not yet had time to go through the document in detail, but we have lots of old school maps and other awesome details for anyone who appreciates learning more about the early days of our hobby. 


Get the Free PDF here.


More discussion of Bill Hoyts work at The Comeback Inn forum


-Havard

2 comments:

  1. This is very cool! It reminds me much of the design styles of the Perilous Lands, Richard Snider's world for his Powers & Perils campaign setting. I'm wondering about the scale, I think maybe 20 miles per square, 500 miles per side of each map section?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting! I was wondering about the scale myself. That would make sense.

    ReplyDelete

DaveCon 3 is happening right now!

 Reports are coming in from DaveCon, one of the conventions arranged to commemorate the legacy of Dungeons & Dragons Co-Creator Dave Arn...