Thursday, January 11, 2018

Great Red Dragon of Mystara Limited Edition Miniature

This Ral Partha miniature was a limited edition production with 5300 copies made. The miniature was fashioned after the Great Red Dragon painting by Jeff Easley, used on the cover of the D&D "Black Box" intro set for the D&D Rules Cyclopedia (BECMI). Since Mystara was the default setting of the Rules Cyclopedia, I call this miniature The Great Red Dragon of Mystara. And now it is finally mine. I hope to get around to painting it at some point, though I am a little nervous about ruining it!

The "Black Box" was an intro set to the D&D Rules Cyclopedia, which collected most of the previous "BECMI" D&D rules, except the Immotal Set. 


-Havard

3 comments:

  1. Nice! Don't worry about ruining it, I suppose it's metal so you can strip the paint from it easily. How much experience do you have in painting by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tamás! :) Yeah, you are right. I should be able to repaint it. I am by no means an expert, but I have painted a few minis over the years. I have never painted anything this large though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started painting last year and the WHTV videos helped me a great deal. I would be more afraid of assembling a huge beast, even when gluing minis to their bases I end up getting glued to random items around me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blackmoor Player Bill Hoyt Shares Campaign Notes in Free PDF

  Bill Hoyt is one of the surviving members of the Blackmoor Bunch, the group that played in Dave's Blackmoor campaign and parttook in o...