- X1 - Isle of Dread (with David Cook), 1980
- X2 - Castle Amber, 1981
- Dungeons & Dragons Basic Rules, 1981
- B3 - Palace of the Silver Princess (with Jean Wells), 1981
- B4 - The Lost City, 1982
- M3 - Twilight calling, 1986 B1-9:
- In Search of Adventure, (contributor), 1987
- "The Keep on the Borderlands", 1981 (sub-editor )
- Dungeons & Dragons Expert (Cook/Marsh), 1981 (sub-editor )
- AD&D Mystara: Mark of Amber (credited for the X2 Castle Amber material), 1995
A few days ago, my friend and fellow blogger Grodog told me about some other lost modules that could be connected to this setting. C-2 Seren Ironhand (AD&D) was a module written by Tom Moldvay, published in Challenges magazine in 1986.
In Heroic Challenges, Lawrence Schick reported about this adventure module for 6-9 characters of levels 4-6 :
"The heroes root out a band of river-pirates, deal with an ancient race of cat-people, then explore the ancient dwarven mines of Morindar. Includes a 'Royal Commision' sheet empowering the adventurers to wipe out the pirates and reclaim wilderness land."Originally planned as a trilogy, CH-1 The Morandir Company and CH-3 The Mountain King were never published. However, Grodog has apparently come across these unpublished modules and is planning to run the whole trilogy at GaryCon 2016. How I would love to go there!
Could these modules reveal more about the original Known World Campaign or are they a completely separate thing? That is hard to say. Tomas Steven Moldvay (born Nov. 5, 1948) passed away on March 9, 2007.
- More about the Secret History of Mystara here. (Piazza link)
- More about Tom Moldvay's Mystara here. (Piazza link)
- Tom Moldvay's Lands of Wonder.
- Tom Moldvay Bibiography on Dragonsfoot.